Thursday, September 11, 2014

Dude, Happy Birthday!

Hello Delightful friends and family!

We had a birthday in our extended family last week.  My sister's boyfriends' son (I'm not checking to see if I did the punctuation correctly on that! ha!)  Anyway, I needed a masculine card for a teenage boy and I happened to have this digi image from ByLori Designs (Ethan) that hadn't been colored and it was perfect for Hunter who just happens to be into skateboarding.  Yay!!  So I pulled out my Copics and colored away!  I've used the Avery Elle stamp set called Surf's Up for the sentiment and the matching Happy Birthday is on the inside (love the font!).  The card base is Neenah Desert Storm (Scrapper's Edge) and the designer paper is Echo Park (Scoot 6x6 pad).  I've used the Taylored Expressions matching stamp and die set Garden Party Blooms.  Ink: Archival Jet Black and Dandelion.  The faux stitching was made by a Faber Castell Big Artist Pen in white.

I'll be playing along with the challenges at the following blogs:
Seize the Birthday (Anything Goes)
Word Art Wednesday #149 (Anything Goes)



Keeping it simple on the inside.

Well that's it for me!  Thanks for visiting.

The LORD redeems the soul of His servants, and none of those who trust in Him shall be condemned.  Psalm 34:22


Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Hi Natalie! My name is Heather and I was wondering if you would be willing to answer my question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1 AT gmail DOT com :-) I greatly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this digi! Great masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, this is really a fun birthday card. Praying you have a fun day filled with love and happiness. Thank you for joining our 149th challenge at Word Art Wednesday.

    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable, Natalie! I always enjoy having you share your wonderful cards with us, and I thank you for playing along. Have a blessed week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Natalie, Love it and I know he did also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A perfect image and card for a teenage boy!
    So glad you joined us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, this is as cute as it can be...Love the simple yet colorful lay-out. So glad you joined us at Word Art Wednesday and hope you'll come back again. Leaving you with God's Word in Psalm 147:11 which tells us, "The LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love." Have a blessed week.

    Always,
    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an awesome card for a teenage boy! Beautifully coloured image. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete