Sunday, February 7, 2016

Have a Heart with Simon Says Stamps and 30 Day Color Challenge

Hello Delightful friends and family!
I've been a coloring fool the last three days! Yay! Love it!  Tonight I finished a Valentine card for my dear hubby.  A week ahead of time, I can't believe it!  I didn't get too fancy with it but it was a lot of fun designing.
Here is my card:

I've watercolored this with an inexpensive watercolor set (Simply Art watercolor cakes) and the paper is Canson 140lb cold press. The hearts were created by using a heart die from the Roses For You set (Simon Says Stamp). I traced them lightly with a pencil then added water to the inside of the heart before dropping in the paint. I used two different colors of deep pink.  After it dried I stamped the coordinating heart stamp and the dots from the same set (Simon Says Stamp) and add the stitched lines which were from the WPlus9 Doodlebuds set.  All were stamped with Archival black ink. On the vellum, I've added the sentiment and heart they are from the same Simon Says Stamp set.  I popped up the inside heart with dimensional adhesive. I added Wink of Stella in clear to the sentiment and black dot but the photo doesn't pick up the glimmer.



Thanks so much for visiting!

When pride comes, then comes shame; But with the humble is wisdom.  Proverbs 11:2




Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Natalie, a lovely design with the super water coloured background and the beautifully heart and sentiment on vellum!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the watercoloured background with the gorgeous sketchy hearts. Gorgeous card. Thank you so much for playing along Simon Says Stamp Have a Heart Challenge.
    Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your watercoloring. Great guy card, your DH will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely heart card, Natalie, love all the details...

    And also love your hello card below with water colour, am guessing you hand painted the background ...
    .....well done, clever design, thanks for popping over, Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalie, you are so sweet for checking in on me and for commenting! It really made me smile 😊 I sure love this card you made for your hubby, and I'm sure he'll love it too! Those stamps are fabulous, and I love how you chose to paint it!

    ReplyDelete